Saturday, February 2, 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 3 Yellow!

Hello darlings, today I discovered a new love in my life - yellow polish! I have had this Sally Hansen polish in my collection for the longest time, but I had always skipped over it for other colors. Since the inspiration for today was none other than the color yellow, I finally decided to reach for it. And I'm so glad that I did! I just absolutely love how these dandelion nails turned out.


To recreate this look, start with two coats of your yellow polish. Using a white striper, make short strokes in a circular shape on two of your nails to create the head of your dandelion  Add a few short strokes on your remaining nails to reflect fly away dandelion seeds. Then using a dotting tool or a pin, make a small dot with your black polish in the middle of your flower. Use your black striper to create the stem, and this look is complete!


The colors I used in this look were Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightning, Rimmel Black Satin, and a black and white striper. You will definitely be seeing more of Lightning in the future!



What are your thoughts on yellow polish? Would you wear it? Let me know in the comments below!

11 comments:

  1. These are super cute! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using the yellow for my manicure right now! I love it, yellow is hard to make pretty, but this polish is so cute <3

    (Sorry about the double post, I made a silly typo in the first one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why I avoided it for so long. I'm not a huge fan of wearing yellow but it looks awesome on nails!

      Delete
  4. Nice yellow!! This is the second dandelion nail art I've seen in two days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just adorable! I love the brightness of the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat and lovely! I’m your new follower!

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing nail style! I love the color combo:)

    Check out my blog: theprintedsea.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is so cute, fresh and fun..like you! i love it and i love this mani, so wounderfully made!
    and I have nominated you for the best blog award! come che here:
    http://nailsnoob.blogspot.it/2013/04/best-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow that looks great! Loving the colorful layout too :)

    Would appreciate if you checked out my blog
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete