Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Red lips with a gradient twist!

As my very first actual content post, I present to you a look that I have seen several times but never tried out myself - gradient lips! This look turned out to be super simple to create and got me lots of compliments on a night out. 

Here's a list of the products I used for my lips:
   • Homemade Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Treatment
   • L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick in Target Red
   • Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Blackout

And here's a list of the products I used for the rest of my face:
   • Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer
   • Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin in 110 Ivory
   • Sonia Kashuk Blush in 14 Pink
   • NYC Bronzer in Sunny
   • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
   • Urban Decay Primer Potion
   • L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Sultry Smoke
   • Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion
   • Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara

The particular red that I used is only sold at Target stores I believe, but your favorite red lipstick will work just fine. To create this look all you need to do is apply your red lipstick as usual. I recommend using a conditioning or moisturizing treatment on your lips prior to applying the lipstick to make sure you have a smooth and soft surface to work with. Once your lips are red to your satisfaction, lightly tap your finger in your black eyeshadow. Starting at the far edges, dot your finger to your lips to transfer some of the shadow. Slowly build the color up from the outside towards the middle until you have achieved the amount of color transition you want. If the color is a little too black, you can blot lightly and apply a second coat of red lipstick.

And then you are done! The finished look should resemble something like this:


What are your opinions on this look? Is it something you would wear during the day or reserve for a special night out? Thanks for reading and I will see you next time!

1 comment:

  1. I am so in love with this look! I never would have thought to use black eyeshadow. Very creative!

    SimplySkinDeepBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete