Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tutorial - Jigglypuff Nails!

Hey there lovelies, today is a new day and I have an exciting new post for you all. While trying to think of an inspiration for this post, I thought back to one of my favorite manicures I have ever done - Pokeballs (shhh, don't tell but there might be a revamp of these very, very soon)! With Pokemon in mind, I decided to try out my very first tutorial dedicated to the cutest pink Pokemon of them all, Jigglypuff!


To create this little guy, start off with a light pink polish all over your nails. I used an unnamed pink polish from Forever 21's Love & Beauty brand.


The next step is to take your pencil and use the eraser to make a large white dot on your pointer and ring fingers. This will create the whites of the eyes, and any white polish will do. I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails.

Your third step will be to add a teal polish using a large dotting tool on top of the white dots. I used Essie Turquoise and Caicos for this step.


Following the teal polish, add a dot of a dark green like OPI Don't Mess With OPI right on top. This will complete Jigglypuff's eyes.


Your final step will be to use a black striper to create Jigglypuff's curl and mouth. A small dotting tool and a black polish of your choice are used to create the triangles for the ears. My favorite plain black polish is Black Satin by Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro. It's an excellent smooth black creme that applies beautifully.


And with that your Jigglypuff nails are complete! I do hope you found this tutorial helpful and wear your new Pokemon nails with pride. 

What other Pokemon would you like to see on your nails? Was this tutorial easy for you to follow? Let me know in the comments down below!

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! Jigglypuff! I love jigglypuff!! And this is such a cute, adorable tutorial! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :D

    P.S. Thank you for following my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's totally adorable! I recently got rid of all my nail polishes and gave most of it away. I only kept the ones which I use a lot, which is around 5 or so...hehe. I plan to buy new nail lacquers this year and hopefully find really pretty and unique shades. ^_^
    http://redberryaha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that it would actually cause me physical pain to get rid of my polishes, but I hope you're able to find some super cute new ones. :)

      Delete
  3. What adorable nail art- who doesn't love Jigglypuff? :)
    Great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete