Thursday, January 31, 2013

31 Day Challenge - Day 1 Red!

Today I will be starting a series that may be familiar to those of you who follow the nail polish community, the 31 day nail challenge! I have always been a fan of seeing other bloggers post their nails everyday so I am extra excited to finally take part in the challenge myself.


The inspiration for today's post is red. I chose to try out a technique that I have never done before, the jelly sandwich. For those of you who have no idea what on earth a jelly sandwich has to do with nail polish, it is simply a term used to describe the process of placing a layer of glitter polish between two layers of a sheer "jelly" polish.



The colors I used for this look were Essie Headmistress, OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston, and OPI Save Me. To recreate this look, start by prepping your nails with a base coat to protect your natural nails. My favorite to use is OPI Nail Envy, but any base coat will do. Then apply two even coats of your dark red polish, making sure to give each coat plenty of time to dry. Following those two coats, you will apply one coat of the glitter polish. Once this coat has completely dried, apply your sheer red jelly polish over the top. And with that, you're done!


Here are some more photos to see just how gorgeous this look really is.




I really hope you enjoyed this look. I will be posting a new inspiration everyday for the next 30 days, so stick around for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment